Translate

Sunday, November 11, 2018

Titanic


We've been discussing the book with our table groups.  Now it's time to branch out and find out what others that are reading this book think.  Take some time to think about a part of the book that would make for a good discussion.  It can be any part from the beginning to the part you read for today.

Tell about the part you read, give your thoughts about it, and invite others to share their thoughts too.

Here are some discussion stems.  Choose one of the following or make a similar type of post.

I want to talk about the part where __________________.  I thought _____________________.  What did you think?

The part that I thought was most interesting so far was _____________________________.  I think _________________________________________.  What did you think?

8 comments:

  1. I want to talk about the part where they first saw the iceberg. I thought that it was weird that they didn't start to evacuate the passengers when they saw it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They couldn't evacuate when they saw the iceberg because they were going too fast and they were in the middle of the ocean so what were they supposed to do then/

      Delete
    2. Ok, now I understand what you are saying. But still they could have stopped.

      Delete
    3. If they tried and stop it the boat would break and fly forward because it got stopped too fast. They didn't think that it would cause any damage.

      Delete
    4. The part that I thought was most interesting so far was when they were describing the parts of the ship. I think it was pretty cool how the ship was made.

      Delete
    5. Yes, the ship was made good that is why I thought it wouldn't get a hole in it.

      Delete
  2. The part that I thought was most interesting so far was when the titanic hit the iceberg and it started sinking. I think that since the iceberg just skinned it with the layers it would've not maken that hole, but it did and made the ship start sinking so everyone was trying to evacuate but they were in the middle of the Ocean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that part was interesting too. I also had that same thought with the iceberg.

      Delete