Translate

Sunday, November 11, 2018

Boys on the Boat


We've been discussing the book with our table groups.  Now it's time to branch out and find out what others that are reading this book think.  Take some time to think about a part of the book that would make for a good discussion.  It can be any part from the beginning to the part you read for today.

Tell about the part you read, give your thoughts about it, and invite others to share their thoughts too.

Here are some discussion stems.  Choose one of the following or make a similar type of post.

I want to talk about the part where __________________.  I thought _____________________.  What did you think?

The part that I thought was most interesting so far was _____________________________.  I think _________________________________________.  What did you think?

18 comments:

  1. When Joe and Joyce Went to go see his dad and half siblings Thula answered the door. Thula told him that his dad was at work and his siblings were at friends. Joe asked if they could come and visit again but Thula said No,make your own life Joe, stay out of ours. I thought that it was rude of her to say that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that was rude of thula too.

      Delete
    2. I dislike Thula a lot

      Delete
    3. I agree that thula was being rude

      Delete
  2. I want to talk about the part where joe yelled and his step brother and thula want joe's dad to whip him and wanted joe out of the house. I thought that joes dad should of stuck up for him and done more to keep joe there. What did you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that she was being mean.

      Delete
    2. I thought that was rude

      Delete
    3. I agree that it was rude.

      Delete
  3. I want to talk about the part where Joe gets yelled at for yelling at his step-mom's child. I thought it was rude and inconsiderate. Although, the part that i find most interesting at the moment is that I feel Joe doesn't fully care about rowing, since he mainly seems to day dream. Along with not caring about the other team, whether or not they are ahead or behind. What did you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree

      Delete
    2. I dont think joe should of got yelled at i think his step brother should of.

      Delete
    3. I think that joes step brother should of gotten yelled at for picking the carrots when they weren't ready to be picked yet.

      Delete
    4. I don't think joe likes to row that much either I think he's just doing it to get into collage.

      Delete
    5. I agree I do not think Joe should have gotten yelled at.

      Delete
  4. I want to talk about the part when joe gets yelled at because he yelled at his step sister,and I thought he was being kind of mean or rude. The part I found most interesting is Joe doesn't like rowing but he is still doing it because he wants to go to collage and have a good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that he likes rowing

      Delete
    2. I don't think joe deserved to be yelled at.

      Delete
    3. I don't like thula for yelling at joe.

      Delete