Translate

Sunday, November 11, 2018

No Better Friend


We've been discussing the book with our table groups.  Now it's time to branch out and find out what others that are reading this book think.  Take some time to think about a part of the book that would make for a good discussion.  It can be any part from the beginning to the part you read for today.

Tell about the part you read, give your thoughts about it, and invite others to share their thoughts too.

Here are some discussion stems.  Choose one of the following or make a similar type of post.

I want to talk about the part where __________________.  I thought _____________________.  What did you think?

The part that I thought was most interesting so far was _____________________________.  I think _________________________________________.  What did you think?

13 comments:

  1. I want to talk about the part where Jusy trusted Frank, so quickly when he tried to give her food. I thought it was interesting how she just went up to him when he offered her food. Most dogs wouldn't automatically trust people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bethany - I agree that is very interesting how judy trusted frank right away

      Delete
    2. I thought that that part was interesting too because most dogs dont automatcally trust someone.

      Delete
  2. I want to tak about the part where Judy and George became friends. I thought that it was good for both of them because they can both comfort eachother and they both have someone they can depend on. What did you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that part was really interesting because she trusted him so quickly.

      Delete
    2. I think it is interesting that she just trusts him because most dogs wouldn't trust people that fast.

      Delete
    3. Bethany - I think Judy and George were meant to find each other , but it is strange that Judy trusted George also

      Delete
    4. Bethany - I agree with you Daytona it was very interesting

      Delete
    5. I liked how descriptive these parts are and explain so much so that you will understand what George is thinking and what Judy is thinking.

      Delete
  3. I want to talk about the part where they crossed the equator . I thought it was wired they had to walk across the equator. japanese were taking prisoners to a different camp in a truck but the japanese made the prisoners get out of the truck and walk pass the equator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that was also weird because it was only at the equator not anywhere else.

      Delete
    2. I it weird to me that they had to get out and do that. It might just be a cultural thing.

      Delete
    3. I thought it was weird too because it would have been faster if they didnt have to walk the equator.

      Delete