Translate

Sunday, November 11, 2018

The Boys Who Challenged Hitler


We've been discussing the book with our table groups.  Now it's time to branch out and find out what others that are reading this book think.  Take some time to think about a part of the book that would make for a good discussion.  It can be any part from the beginning to the part you read for today.

Tell about the part you read, give your thoughts about it, and invite others to share their thoughts too.

Here are some discussion stems.  Choose one of the following or make a similar type of post.

I want to talk about the part where __________________.  I thought _____________________.  What did you think?

The part that I thought was most interesting so far was _____________________________.  I think _________________________________________.  What did you think?

6 comments:

  1. I want to talk about the part where they talk about them being able to take weapons and supplies from the nazi regime. I thought it was amazing that they could take all these supplies and not be killed. What did you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the way the author describes how they committed sabotage acts on the Nazis in broad daylight is pretty brave.

      Delete
    2. I think that it was brave that not only did they steal German weapons and supplies but that they ruined their trucks, set their offices on fire, and lied to their parents about playing games with each other after school to go against the Nazi's and German's when the grown ups wouldn't take action.

      Delete
  2. I want to talk about the part where the Churchill club were smoking while having a meeting.
    I thought that they had age restrictions for smoking in Germany in the 1940s. Was there age restrictions on tobacco and alcohol in the 1940s or is there just no restrictions in Germany or both?
    I thought that maybe there were just no smoking age or teens were allowed to smoke at that time. The author of my book has featured the Churchill club smoking their pipes, refilling them and handling tobacco many times.
    What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I would think that there would be a age restriction for smoking or drinking especially for these young of teenagers.

      Delete
    2. I feel like the Nazi's would have eventually put age restrictions on things like smoking and drinking after they invaded Denmark. If Denmark did have a smoking or drinking age restriction before they invaded they either were allowed to or there was no age restriction.

      Delete