Translate

Sunday, November 11, 2018

March Book Series


We've been discussing the book with our table groups.  Now it's time to branch out and find out what others that are reading this book think.  Take some time to think about a part of the book that would make for a good discussion.  It can be any part from the beginning to the part you read for today.

Tell about the part you read, give your thoughts about it, and invite others to share their thoughts too.

Here are some discussion stems.  Choose one of the following or make a similar type of post.

I want to talk about the part where __________________.  I thought _____________________.  What did you think?

The part that I thought was most interesting so far was _____________________________.  I think _________________________________________.  What did you think?

12 comments:

  1. I want to talk about the part that the police officer had clubed a man in the head because he was black. I thought that that was the wrong thing to do because he put put two people unconsisous for standing in a line. What do you think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also think that it was wrong of the police officer that he club a colored person because they were colored.

      Delete
    2. I think that the police officer should of been fired for that because it was wrong and he knew it was wrong.

      Delete
    3. I agree thanks for commenting

      Delete
    4. I agree because HE did know it was wrong

      Delete
  2. I want to talk about the part were they were protesting.I thought that they were brave for standing up for what they want and what they want to change. What did you think? I think that john lewis is really brave and the people that stood behind him.The part that I thought was most interesting so far was when they started to protest. I think that they were smart to peacefully protest then be violent about things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that they were really brave for protesting because they have been attacked and beaten. I agree with you the peaceful marching or sit ins are a really good idea

      Delete

    2. I think That john lweis is brave for standing up for people. he shows hope to thousands of people

      Delete
  3. I want to talk about the part with the chickens. I thought they were a form over symbolism. What did you think?The part that was most interesting so far was when John's parents told him he couldn't ago to a college closer to his house because, it was an all white college. I think it was unfair that he had to go to a school that was for colored and women. What did you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that the chickens were a big part of the book.

      Delete
  4. I think That john lweis is brave for standing up for people. he shows hope to thousands of people

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emerson I completely agree with what you said about him being brave for standing up for those people.

      Delete