Translate

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Pure Grit


We've been discussing the book with our table groups.  Now it's time to branch out and find out what others that are reading this book think.  Take some time to think about a part of the book that would make for a good discussion.  It can be any part from the beginning to the part you read for today.

Tell about the part you read, give your thoughts about it, and invite others to share their thoughts too.

Here are some discussion stems.  Choose one of the following or make a similar type of post.

I want to talk about the part where __________________.  I thought _____________________.  What did you think?

The part that I thought was most interesting so far was _____________________________.  I think _________________________________________.  What did you think?

9 comments:

  1. I want to talk about the part where some of the nurses got the opportunity to leave, but refused. I think it is crazy how loyal the nurses are to their patients. They knew that people were depending on them so they did everything they could for the patients, even though they knew of the consequences. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I would probably not want to stay behind because I would be scared of dying or being captured. But I also think that it was crazy for them to stay behind.

      Delete
    2. yeah I agree with Mara, I would of rather left then stayed.

      Delete
  2. I want to talk about the part where the Japanese made the nurses line up outside. Then they took pictures of them and talked about the next generation of Japanese children. On pages 68 through 69. I thought it was very weird and awkward because they were telling a very tall girl that the next generation of Japanese was going to be tall. I also think that they were trying to scare them into taking orders from them. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that that was very weird, especially because of the fears that the nurses had expressed earlier. I agree that they might have just been trying to scare them into taking orders.

      Delete
    2. Macy I absolutely agree with you that they were trying to scare them but I also think they were actually thinking of doing "that" with the girls to create the next generation of Japanese.

      Delete
  3. I want to talk about the part when the japanese officer served the nurses tea. I thought that was wired because they were enimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did think that that was strange especially because of how scared the nurses were.

      Delete
    2. I think it was actually kind of normal because the Japanese saw women as weak and they shouldn't be anywhere near the battlefield because they are so weak. So maybe they thought that the girls were being forced to be nurses and took pity on them.

      Delete