Translate

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

I am Malala


We've been discussing the book with our table groups.  Now it's time to branch out and find out what others that are reading this book think.  Take some time to think about a part of the book that would make for a good discussion.  It can be any part from the beginning to the part you read for today.

Tell about the part you read, give your thoughts about it, and invite others to share their thoughts too.

Here are some discussion stems.  Choose one of the following or make a similar type of post.

I want to talk about the part where __________________.  I thought _____________________.  What did you think?

The part that I thought was most interesting so far was _____________________________.  I think _________________________________________.  What did you think?

4 comments:

  1. I want to talk about how she got all the courage she had to do what she did. She said she fought for education because her dad was a teacher and her dad gave her the courage she needed. But, how? How did he give her THAT much courage? It takes a lot of courage to do what Malala did. There were 20 year old men that were scared of the Taliban but, a 16 year old girl had no problem. What do you think? The part I thought was most interesting so far was the chapter titled "The First Direct Threat". The title really drew me in. I really enjoyed this chapter. What did you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to talk about the part where the army left the note at Malala's school saying that it was the people of Pakistan's fault that the Taliban were destroying their city. I thought this was kinda rude to be honest because its not their fault. The Taliban just should've left the people of Pakistan alone. The part I thought was interesting so far was when Malala secretly snuck her school books to school with the chance of being caught and killed. I think this was very risky and adventurous. Malala is a super brave girl. What did you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think That was really rude of them because it was not there fault the Taliban came and bombed Swat.

      Delete
  3. I want to talk about the part where The woman has to wear certain clothing to go outside in public. Girls and woman should be free to go outside in public without anyone telling them what to do. I thought it was stupid how the Taliban was like' I could beat you up". What do you think? The part I thought was interesting was the chapter " Peace?". THat really drew my attention. WHat do you think?

    ReplyDelete