Translate

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Bomb


We've been discussing the book with our table groups.  Now it's time to branch out and find out what others that are reading this book think.  Take some time to think about a part of the book that would make for a good discussion.  It can be any part from the beginning to the part you read for today.

Tell about the part you read, give your thoughts about it, and invite others to share their thoughts too.

Here are some discussion stems.  Choose one of the following or make a similar type of post.

I want to talk about the part where __________________.  I thought _____________________.  What did you think?

The part that I thought was most interesting so far was _____________________________.  I think _________________________________________.  What did you think?

5 comments:

  1. I want to talk about the part where it mentions that Robert Oppenheimer is mentioned to be sympathetic to communism. I thought that it should be more alarming to the workers of the Manhattan Project and on how he could be working as a spy for the Soviets. What did you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that it was alarming because the only reason that Robert in the director is because general Groves wanted to be in the position, and he was the highest ranking person at the project.

      Delete
    2. I think that it would be very difficult for Oppenheimer.

      Delete
  2. I want to talk about why does Germany have control of all of the heavy water. Also, why is it all in Norway. I thought that there would be more places where there is heavy water, but Enrico Fermi said that Germany had control over all of heavy water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a very good question, I would like to know.

      Delete