Translate

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Children of the Dust Bowl and Children of the Great Depression


We've been discussing the book with our table groups.  Now it's time to branch out and find out what others that are reading this book think.  Take some time to think about a part of the book that would make for a good discussion.  It can be any part from the beginning to the part you read for today.

Tell about the part you read, give your thoughts about it, and invite others to share their thoughts too.

Here are some discussion stems.  Choose one of the following or make a similar type of post.

I want to talk about the part where __________________.  I thought _____________________.  What did you think?

The part that I thought was most interesting so far was _____________________________.  I think _________________________________________.  What did you think?

7 comments:

  1. I want to talk about the part where the book said that white families only had to pay 20-25 percent of their income for rent but black families had to pay 40-50 percent of their income for rent. I thought that this was kind of cruel that they actually did that to people. What did you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same the world back then is way different from now.

      Delete
  2. I want talk about the part where the kids stand out ont here porch dirty and hungery. I thought that someone should feed them food so they can at least stay alive even little kids. Plus, the most interesting part so far i think is i bet a lot of people die by using the toilit in same spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not very many people had money so they couldn't feed those kids. Also many people with a little bit of money didn't even have enough to feed their own family.

      Delete
  3. I think the dust bowl is very sad. A hole lot of people end up dead because of dust that they can not control, but prepare for. What do you think about this tragic book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the same I think if there was news or something that people would know when some kind of bad weather comes around.

      Delete
    2. I agree with you that it was a really sad time. I thought that if maybe some people knew that the dust bowl was coming they could have prepared for it more and not as many people would have died.

      Delete