Translate

Monday, February 27, 2017

Marching For Freedom



We've been discussing the book with our table groups.  Now it's time to talk with your friends from other classes that are also reading this book.  Take some time to think about a part of the book that would make for a good discussion.  It can be any part from the beginning to the part you read for today.

Tell about the part you read, give your thoughts about it, and invite others to share their thoughts too.

Here are some discussion stems:

I want to talk about the part where __________________.  I thought _____________________.  What did you think?

The part that I thought was most interesting so far was _____________________________.  I think _________________________________________.  What did you think?

4 comments:

  1. I want to talk about the part where the officers were throwing tear gas at the African Americans while they were on their march. I thought that the officers should not have thrown the tear gas at them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I re read it and it was very gruesome what they did I could have never done that and beat someone to at a state where they are bleeding from their head that just wants change that wants people to treat people better and fairly.

      Delete
  2. I want to talk about the part where they were telling what the police did the protesters and children that they arrested. I thought it was very bad they arrested for trying to vote and then they basically torchered them. The part I thought was the most interesting was the part that they let them go at night and miles away from where they lived. At night it was cold and creepy someone could come and surprise attack them. I think I couldn't ever do that to a human being. What do you think

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that they shouldn't have done that to all of the protesters and children. Because it was very cruel.

      Delete