Translate

Monday, February 27, 2017

Imprisoned



We've been discussing the book with our table groups.  Now it's time to talk with your friends from other classes that are also reading this book.  Take some time to think about a part of the book that would make for a good discussion.  It can be any part from the beginning to the part you read for today.

Tell about the part you read, give your thoughts about it, and invite others to share their thoughts too.

Here are some discussion stems:

I want to talk about the part where __________________.  I thought _____________________.  What did you think?

The part that I thought was most interesting so far was _____________________________.  I think _________________________________________.  What did you think?

6 comments:

  1. I want to talk about the part on pages 40-43 when American people barged into Japanese-American Houses and payed unfair prices for items. I thought about what I would do if I was a Japanese-American and I would probably take all of my stuff in chests and bury them in the woods and find them after me getting taken to a detention center, so I could find the stuff afterwards and so nobody would be able to take my stuff. What would you do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I think about it, I would do the exact same thing, I completely agree.

      Delete
  2. I want to talk about the part where they did not let the boy who won in first place go to the national finals 16-17. I don't think that it is fair at all that he was pushed down to second because he was Japanese

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that that is a little ethnocentrist because if the Japanese-American man worked hard enough to win the competition, so why would they do that if he worked hard. He should have been given the gold medal instead of silver, but the thing I don't get is that why they would allow german and italian immigrants to win if they would have succeeded in winning the competition.

      Delete
  3. i want to talk about the part where the japanese people had to go to a camp i thought that they shouldn't have to do that what do you think

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would put all my stuff in a storage unit

    ReplyDelete